Thursday, August 2, 2012

Drinking the Blood of your Enemy

I'm listening to the FAIR Conference online. (I'm buying a house in the near future and need to conserve money. Plus, listening to a conference while you sit on your couch and surf facebook is the best way to go!) John Sorenson spoke this morning about his upcoming book. It is said to be roughly 800 pages of parallels and evidence which support the authenticity of The Book of Mormon as an ancient Mesoamerican text. He shared some of that evidence which included a practice of generals fighting until "they drank the blood of their opponent." We see almost the exact phrase in Alma 49:27. His book isn't expected until early next year, but I look forward to seeing his source and the exact material behind it. I am already planning on using it for an upcoming paper on the warrior ethos in The Book of Mormon. If you have some free time I highly recommend the conference to you.

No comments: